February 3, 2011

A Spin on a Classic


Summary: A modern retelling of the classic. Can Bella learn to tame the beast? Rated M for language, lemons, and themes.


*Looks up from the mounds of snow and schoolbooks* Why hello lovies! Where have I been? Buried in my anatomy class, so sorry. That doesn't mean I haven't been around, but between that, and my family, extra time has been in beta mode. I will share it when she does, you'll love it.

But why am I here today? Well, a wonderful gal I've come to know named Zhivago3 started another fic. I put it to the back burner because of how busy I am. Well, I pulled it out last night, and here I am to publicly apologize for waiting to read Bella and The Beastward.

Now I admit, I was prepared for a story set in the past, a telling very much like the Disney tale with some sex thrown in. I was so glad to see it's modern, set today and that Bella, while lonely, isn't the same bookworm she's been portrayed as. I don't want to give everything away, but Edward is in hiding, refusing to be seen in public because of what happened. Their worlds are about to collide and I'm dying to see what her reaction will be. And what will Edward think of the girl he's seen but never spoken to? I'm on pins and needles for the update!

Now, if you want to know what happened to them, you must read and tune in. While it may seem like she writes cliched traits of the characters that have become so common, her spin on them is really refreshing and once explained, make sense and aren't there because it's popular to write about it, but because it's what the character would do.

Don't believe me? Prove me wrong and check it out then! You won't be sorry. Just be sure to leave her some love and tell her we sent you. If you mention my name, she promised me cupcakes. Well, okay she didn't but I'm hoping she'll read this and send me cupcakes. Devil's Food please! Have a great day everyone, and stay warm!!

1 comment:

  1. OMFG! You rock my friggin' sox! Cupcakes - all yours. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...