October 19, 2010

Review: Corn Maze Menace by ericastwilight



Corn Maze Menace by: ericastwilight

The Story:ericastwilight
The Author: ericastwilight
The Pairing: Bella/Edward
The Genre: Romance
The Rating: M

The Summary:
Edward came upon a scent so tantalizing among the cornstalk and he must have it. Halloween one shot. B/E OCC and a bit of blood play.


The Review:
Okay so Halloween is approaching and I thought I would give you a little treat today. This is an amazing one-shot by, one of my favorite authors, ericastwilight. When you read this you will know exactly why she is one of my favorites. You will fall head over heels in love with her characters. Her colorful vocabulary and vibrant descriptions will captivate you and pull you into Edward and Bella’s world.

I listened to the quiet whispers of her friends, trying to figure out what was going to jump out at them next. Their slightly sluggish thoughts seemed to match their words, except their male counterparts were contemplating how much longer until they'd get some.


I was listening for the voice and thoughts of my next target when I realized I couldn't hear a single thing from her head. I listened for her voice, but I couldn't match it to one mind in the surrounding area.
I approached downwind, keeping her in my sights. Her friends called her "Bella" and asked if she was feeling alright.


Was she ill? I took another whiff of her scent and realized that there was nothing in her blood to indicate that she had fallen ill.


"No, just bored," Bella said wistfully. "This is stupid."


"Come on, Bella," her friend Alice said. "Live a little."


"Face it, Alice," the statuesque blond started. "Little Bella needs to get laid."


Bella rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue in defiance before storming off.


Perfect. Come to me, my sweet.


I left Bella's friends behind and followed a good distance away from her, but I kept her in my line of sight. She was fast approaching another male that had a chainsaw, who was currently getting ready to jump out. I had to lead her away.


I purposely snapped a dry piece of a corn stalk to drive her closer to me but further away from the man. She'd follow the sound, no doubt thinking she was heading the right way. I occasionally would snap a piece of corn stalk to drive her away from the groups of people. She never looked over her shoulder to question the path she was taking.


What a strange girl. She should've been frightened by now, since she hadn't seen anyone in over ten minutes.


"Took you long enough to find me," she whispered, and a smile crossed her face slowly. I looked around, trying to determine who the hell she was talking to. There was no way in hell that she could see me.


"I hope you like the chase," she said smugly. Then she was gone.


Fuck.


When you read this you will experience Bella as you’ve never seen her before. Having a little secret of her own allows her to be playful, bold, and carefree. I was so blown away by ericastwilight’s surprises in this little story. There’s so much more to this than just a twilight story. Don’t take my word for it. Go read and experience it for yourself. Please don’t forget to review and leave the author some love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...