March 31, 2012

Banner Boner for A Love Like Yours by @mandy52799 & @FemmeCullen


Banner Boner (noun): A feeling of awe when both story and banner for said story are beautifully crafted.

The Banner


Mandy52799 created this banner for a contest; as soon as I saw it I asked her if I could adopt it. The banner was perfect for my new story, A Love Like Yours. You just take a look at the picture and feel my story. Bella has lost everything, her parents, and her home. She then drives to Seattle, for what she hopes is a fresh start and finding herself trying to survive the adversities any person might encounter. The manipulation made by Mandy on Bella face, resembles what the story is telling. You can not only see the hurt, but really feel the character’s emotions. Further into the story, Bella sees a couple and is intrigued by the way the two lovers interact. The banner shows you a couple walking on the street behind Bella, she is standing in the darkness but if she turns around she will find what she is looking for without even noticing it. Can’t say more for now, as the story is still developing and I don’t want to spoil it.

The merge done by Mandy is flawless; the contrast is perfect, as you can really see the light at the end of the tunnel. The same way Bella needs it to find her path and find herself again.

Finally, the fonts, Mandy uses a very romantic and extravagant font, I liked it because, after all, this is a love story and the way they interlace makes you note the way a story is told. This is a story of a girl that is hoping to get a better life, trying to find love and searching for her happily ever after. This is also not a fairytale, it’s based on real life events and accurate troubles a girl in her situation must face.


Review by FemmeCullen.

The story

"Alone. Away from home. Only one glance at a mysterious man... their love intrigues me. Is it possible for her to love someone who hasn't acknowledged her? Would she be willing to risk anything for love... her love? Or would she love from afar?" AH

A Love Like Yours starts off with a brief sad history. Bella has lost both parents in a car accident. The bank repossesses her parents home. She is left alone and homeless. Dark. Dreary. Sad.

Heading to Seattle for what she hopes is a new start, Bella is somewhat hopeful, even with all that has happened in the past 2 weeks.

She keeps a hopeful attitude. Even the hope of possibly finding love.

A hope sparked by the observance of a handsome man's interaction with an attractive brunette.

Hope is a good thing. We all need that. But Bella definitely has that black cloud looming over her...

It's the same car, and I start to laugh at my stupid joke. It passes by my side; there is a puddle on the other side of the road and the fast car splashes all my truck; leaving me with absolutely no visibility. I panic and hit the brakes, but my truck just keeps going and starts to spin. I must have hit the side of the road because now I am starting to see everything going upside down. As I keep turning, I lose all track of what is up or down and left or right. It seems to be taking such a long time to stop. Suddenly, my head hurts like the worst nightmare. Furthermore, I cannot get enough air into my lungs; I try to breathe but nothing goes in.My world is now very dark and I forget where I am.

And even with all the dark Bella experiences, there is still some peaks of light....

She somehow reminds me of my mother; she has this beautiful smile and seems to be a very warm person.

"Yes, my name is Bella," I answer.

"Well, I'm Esme. Nice to meet you, Bella."

"Nice to meet you too, Esme."

"I haven't seen you before today. Is this the first time you've come here?"

"Yes, I'm new in town."

"Bella, feel free to come here as often as you'll like."


A Love Like Yours is definitely a Promising new Story. There is darkness, angst, mystery, intrigue, and most importantly...hope.

And the fandom agrees. A Love Like Yours has received nominations in both the The Torch Awards as well as February's, The Rose Awards.


Review by credoroza.


Do you have a Banner Boner? Write up your own post and submit it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...