March 6, 2011

March Readalong - Love is the End by phoebes.promise


Summary: If he had only spoken the right words at the right time she would be his forever. Instead, they ache, love and long for each other in silence. A bittersweet love story desperately searching for a happily ever after.

Dear friends - I will be hosting a readalong of this lovely story Love is the End by phoebespromise on Thursday, March 17th - starting at 8pm CST. If you aren't reading this story, it's a perfect way to get started and if you are... well, join us to read her lovely words again.

"I'm a thirty year old widow, madly in love with my best friend who happens to be a married man. I've loved you for a lifetime, but you've never been mine."

She reached for me as her shouting morphed into an agonizing whisper, "I want to wake up to your gorgeous face and have sex before the sun rises. I want to make your favorite dinner and pour your favorite wine. And I want to listen to you read fairytales to our babies every single night for the rest of our lives."

A familiar pain tore through my chest as I listened to her. She was broken from the past, needing our new beginning. She deserved so much more than a year of clandestine traveling and late night phone calls. She'd consumed me since I was eighteen years old. I'd loved her as long as she'd loved me and then some. I wrapped my arms around her tiny, trembling body and laid her back on the bed underneath me.

"Please stop leaving me," she begged and wrapped her legs around my waist as I pushed into her.

I framed her face with my hands, running my thumbs underneath her jaw. Pressing my forehead to hers, I thrust into her long, deep and hard; filling her completely with the body and soul that belonged only to her.

"It was supposed to be us…" Bella whimpered against my lips.

"I know, baby. I know."

Hope to see you there - follow @WaywardPushers and remember to add #readalong to your tweets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...