February 25, 2011

A Change of Pace Push


"Alice needs to leave her single life behind. Venturing out with her brother, she finds more than she expected in a pair of warm brown eyes. What started out as a physical need may, in fact, be more." 

A few weeks ago I was looking for something different to read. I'm mainly an E/B girl and it felt like I'd been reading the same plot over and over. I headed over to the Push List (Yes, we actually look at that sometimes lol) and found this...Red Letter Year by theswandive. I clicked on it and saw that it was femmslash, a category of Twific that seems to get overlooked. I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

Alice and Edward Cullen are brother and sister who live together in Chicago. They're both gay and decide to go to their favorite hangout, The Closet (Nice name for a gay bar huh?). That's where they meet siblings Jasper and Bella. In this story, however, it's Bella and Alice who hit it off. Alice was looking for a one night stand that night, but meeting Bella changes everything.

I love reading this fic...both Bella and Alice have had bad relationships in the past but are healing with the comfort of each other. Alice's story was especially traumatic and made me love her as a character that much more.

The banter between Edward and Alice is fun to read and I love theswandive's characterization of the foursome. There are nine chapters up so far and I can't wait to see where the author takes this story!

If you're looking for something different to read, go check out Red Letter Year....now *winks*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...