October 26, 2010

REVIEW: Cerulean and Steel by: TKegl


Cerulean and Steel by: TKegl

The Author: TKegl
The Pairing: Bella/Edward
The Genre: Supernatural/Romance
The Rating: M

The Summary:
WINNER of the All Hallows Eve Anonymous O/S Contest - A chance encounter in a bookstore brings two people together… but is it really fate, or is some darker force at work? For Bella Swan, love and loss go hand in hand.

The Review:
*clears throat* Okay, this is the most amazing Halloween one-shot I have ever read! It’s simply breathtaking. When I finished reading this I simply sat back in my chair and just breathed. WOW! Yes, it’s that good.

I flipped through the book, the verdant fields and crumbling castles making me smile with nostalgia. I had always wanted to visit the Emerald Isle… but then things had changed… and now there was simply no opportunity.

"Can I help you find something?"

I looked up into a pair of kind blue-gray eyes, crinkled at the corners and framed by a pair of Buddy Holly glasses. A friendly smile lit his face, showing a hint of dimples in his cheeks.

He was just as beautiful as I remembered.

I had first spotted him at the coffee shop across the street. He'd caught my attention because, well, because he was uncommonly attractive – tall and lean, but muscled, with tousled blonde hair and a quick, devilish grin. A quick check revealed no wedding ring. But what really intrigued me was that – despite the fact that the barista ruined his order twice – he still left her a tip, winking at her as he dropped a dollar in the jar before he left the cafĂ© and walked across the street to the bookstore.

He had a kind heart. That was almost enough to make me leave him alone.

Almost.

Without consciously realizing it, I found myself at the same coffee shop the next morning, waiting for his arrival. Like clockwork, he arrived at the same time – ordering the same drink, leaving the same tip – before heading to work. I tried to talk myself out of it… to find someone else… but I knew it was hopeless.

It would be him.

It had to be him.


When you read this you will be captivated. Its hauntingly eerie and powerfully romantic. Be prepared to be  blown away by TKgel’s surprise in this story. Don’t take my word for it. Go read and experience it for yourself. Please don’t forget to review and leave the author some love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...