August 4, 2010

Foxy Fics: Donate to a Great Cause!

A message from FoxyFics:
I have witnessed the fandom pulling together in the past, with charities such as Fandom Gives Back and all the wonderful things done for Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Fics for Nashville, and Haiti Relief. I have always been amazed by the power and influence we have. Running this charity, something that hits close to home for me, has brought an even closer perspective to me of how truly astounding this community is. 
You see, my Father-in-law was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last year. He is an amazing person, one who has always been there for me and my family, and I am proud to have him in my life. This fundraiser is dedicated to him and everyone else who knows someone suffereing from PD.

I began the idea of Foxy Fics only a month and a half ago, and I have already had endless support and offers for help. And, today, as we begin the chance for people to donate, the response has been overwhelming.  To all who have participated and to those of you still planning to donate— thank you. 
Foxy Fics has also teamed up with TeamFox, a branch of The Michael J Fox Foundation which is a wonderful organization and they do some amazing things.  Not only do they aid in the help for progressive therapies and treatments for people living with Parkinson’s today, they also have a main focus on research for finding a cure for the disease.  If you are interested in finding out more information, please visit my website here: Foxy Fics

Donations started today, and will be open through August 18th, and I am elated to have an incredible compilation of exclusive one-shots to offer anyone who donates a minimum of $5.  Please feel free to email me at katbug86.ff@gmail.com if you have any further questions.  And be sure to show your love to all of the authors who put their time and energy into supplying contributors with some wonderful reads.  Thanks, so much, ladies!!!

Visit their twitter http://www.twitter.com/FoxyFics
Here's the website: http://www.foxyfics.blogspot.com

Pushees, it'd be great if you could check this out for us...it's for a great cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...