July 7, 2010

A Very Special Push Post

Yesterday I remembered a story I had read that hit me so hard it still sits with me subconciously though I very rarley register it. Last night, I was having a conversation with a friend, and she was trying to remember the name aof a fic and author where Bella was nerdy. In the fic that I'm speaking about, Bella isn't exactly what you would call nerdy, but something that Moove said to me had me remembering Alice hating the color pink, Jasper and Edward playing their music makers at the fish market, Edward asking Bella if he could 'play her', the fact that he always asked if Miss Bella would hear the music. I went on a tearlooking for this fic! I had read it so long ago, I couldn't remember the name, the author, any of it. Oddly enough, it was as if it had never existed. I found it though, oh did I ever find it-and it demanded to be re-read.

This story comes with a MASSIVE *tissue warning*. If you have read The Best Man, you may understand what I mean when I say its beautifully depressing. So I did my re-read and was once again Blown away. I then thought it was a good idea to listen to 'Into Dust' by Mazzy Star as I read the epilogue...ya, not so much. It pretty much broke me.

IF you can handle angst, strange love, and beautiful words that will stick in your mind forever, you HAVE to read this story.

The story: 'Awake in the Infinite Cold'
The author: quothme
The summary: Sometimes we forget that the fruit is forbidden for a reason. A mysterious Good Samaritan saves Bella from a bus before bolting like his hair is on fire. A mélange of Twilight, the movie How to Be, and a short story that for now shall remain nameless (so as not to give too much of the plot away for these first couple of chapters). Because Artward breaks my heart. (AU)

Where to find it: Awake in the Infinite Cold on FFn

It will break your heart, but in the best way possible, if you trust me at all you should read this and review it.


Once you are sufficiently depressed and you hate me, I suggest you read another one of her stories. Its much lighter, a sweeter read and instantly had me hooked when I read it a few months ago.

The Story: Sold, Sight Unseen
The Author: quothme
The Summary: The odds of him dialing her phone number are 3,720 to 1. But he does. Their chance conversation leads to something more. Something silly, then serious and a little scary. But in a good way. AU

Where to find it: Sold, Sight Unseen on FFN


Just a P.S.
Here are the lyrics to 'Into Dust' by Mazzy star (also done by Ashtar Command) that I listened to while I read the epilogue


Still falling
Breathless and on again
Inside today
Beside me today
A round broken in two
'til your eyes shed into dust
Like two strangers turning into dust
'til my hand shook the way I fear

I could possibly be fading
Or have something more to gain
I could feel myself growing colder
I could feel myself under your face
Under...your face

It was you
breathless and torn
I could feel my eyes turning into dust
And two strangers turning into dust
Turning into dust.


Until next time!

OH! If you havent yet Voted over there ----> you SHOULD! *psssst* Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...