April 12, 2011

Review: Impact by nise7465



THE STORY: Impact by nise7465

THE SUMMARY: Tragedy strikes neurologist and paraplegic Edward, but instead of finding only pain in the hospital, he meets a beauty from his past who has suffered just as much. Sometimes hurting and healing walk hand in hand, and the impact continues.

THE PAIRING: Edward and Bella

THE STATUS: WIP

THE RATING: M

THE GENRE: Hurt/Comfort/Romance

THE REVIEW: You know that scene at the end of The Social Network where Jesse Eisenberg (playing Mark Zuckerberg) keeps refreshing his laptop, hoping for an update? Yeah, that's me with this story since I stumbled upon it. I don't know how I came to have the link for this fic in my to-be-read file. I wish I did because I would love to thank whoever it was that rec'd it.

This is not your average Twilight fanfic. For one thing, we're 37 chapters in and there are no lemons. *gasps* There may never be. But you know what? I don't care. Yes, that's right, you heard me correctly. The Princess of Perv is stepping down. This story is not about that. It is about the resiliency of the human body and spirit, strong wills, determination and the truest form of love.

How do you handle the most devastating experience of your life when it has lead you to the person you love more than life itself?

How do you reconcile the two when your best and worst collide?

The most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through has brought me to the person who has become my life.

Today, I began a journey with the man who I had thought was my greatest enemy.

My name is Bella Swan. I am a person with a disability, and this is my story.


Do you know anyone with a disability? I do. Perhaps someone in your family? I have one. In fact, I am one. Perhaps that's why this story has touched me to my very core. If you don't have anyone close to you that's disabled, you should read this so that when you do encounter someone you can see it from their viewpoint and react/adapt accordingly. The author has also included many helpful tips and links. I've already taken note of several of them and hope to put them into action shortly.

I strongly advise you to keep your tissues handy. I literally snot-sobbed through some parts, having to stop for my vision to clear on more than one occasion.

This tale of triumph and tragedy started as a one-shot and like so many others, the author continued it. I am so very thankful to her for that, and for sharing her heartbreak with us. I, for one, am greatly indebted to her.

Now, I need to go back to refreshing and look for that next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...